Fade | SoLaris
Certain topics and/or categories will be hidden from guests and non-members of Fade. However, registered members of the FORUM can join the chatbox and apply to Fade.

-FadeFemalePwn

Fade | SoLaris

Welcome to the Home of Fade and SoLaris

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What Kind Of Story Do You Like?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FadeOfThePond

PostSubject: What Kind Of Story Do You Like?   Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:05 pm

Haha more off-topic spam from Le Pondinator.

What kind of story do you like? In general, I dig the sad ones, the dark ones, the depressing ones, and I'm not afraid of the tragic endings either. Except for Romeo and Juliet. Their stupidity deserved their deaths. I do enjoy the happy plots every now and then though, they make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

What about you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: What Kind Of Story Do You Like?   Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:03 pm

I tend to read more horror than other genres except humor. It's not the typical horror where there is a ghost or anything (I dig those when they are exceptionally scary) but when it's gruesome or gory. As Stephen King categorizes, there are 3 different kinds of horror. "There is the Gross-Out (morbid, disease), Horror (the unnatural), and there is Terror.. terror is coming home and finding that everything that you own, has been replaced with an exact copy."

I lean towards Stephen King's idea of Terror.

Vsauce - Why Are Things Creepy?

* Have any questions, things you wanna talk about, or maybe just a simple hello? Feel free to ask via PM system! Always happy to help out. *
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FadeFemalePwn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Kind Of Story Do You Like?   Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:55 am

I love fantasy and supernatural/romance Very Happy I'm not trying to be a cliche, but I completely loved the Twilight series. Haters gonna hate. I love Harry Potter, i loved The Secrets of Drune when I was a kid.. The Magic Treehouse was great. I also like realistic fiction (sometimes). I loved the Hatchet series SO MUCH. I have re-read all of the books of the series 3 times so far. I love the Hunger Games (all three were amazing).

School Side of Me:

I've had to read several of Shakespeare's plays.. I love love LOVED Romeo and Juliet! I had to read some historical fiction this year.. I loved the Crucible.

I'm not really sure where my interests lie xD I love so many different books.. so many more to name, but not enough time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fadenation.team-talk.net
FadeEcho

PostSubject: Re: What Kind Of Story Do You Like?   Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:25 pm

I like Adventure. I've already read The Hobbit and now I'm reading the Lord of the Rings series, I just love it so much. I also have a love for Comedy. I've read every single Diary of the Wimpy Kid series xD.

Mystery is also a great genre for me, I've read the John Grisham series 'Theodore Boone', which includes "Abduction", "Kid Lawyer" & "The Accused". It's all about a talented 13 year old who knows everything about law, and does his own investigations on crimes around him.

To express true loyalty, is to be an outcast. It's to go against the thoughts and beliefs of the public and take a stand against them. It's to be the only one left, be the only one strong, the only one loyal.
-FadeEcho
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FadeOfThePond

PostSubject: Re: What Kind Of Story Do You Like?   Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:17 pm

Nae, I can't believe we get along... Not saying your taste is wrong, because it can't be XD But... I hated Romeo and Juliet (They needed to grow some brains), and the Crucible frustrated me to no ends. I have to admit though, I did enjoy the Crucible a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FadeFemalePwn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Kind Of Story Do You Like?   Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:35 pm

Lol i kinda wish that Abby (from the Crucible) got pressed to death (stoned) but ey. She ended up a prostitute, and responsible for the death of her love ^^ Can't ask for more than that Very Happy (she deserved that and more)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fadenation.team-talk.net
FadeOfThePond

PostSubject: Re: What Kind Of Story Do You Like?   Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:22 am

She should've suicided, but living a painful life sounds rather fitting for her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FadeChicago

PostSubject: Re: What Kind Of Story Do You Like?   Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:19 pm

I like adventure, fantasy, and comedy stories. The book that i'm reading right now is an awesome adventure/comedy/fantasy, It's called The Runaway King, it's the second book of the ascendance trilogy. The sequel to The False Prince.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FadeOfThePond

PostSubject: Re: What Kind Of Story Do You Like?   Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:19 pm

I'll admit that I enjoy a bit of romance in any story, and if the pair I ship don't get together I get frustrated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FadeEcho

PostSubject: Re: What Kind Of Story Do You Like?   Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:48 am

Like Harry & Hermione?

To express true loyalty, is to be an outcast. It's to go against the thoughts and beliefs of the public and take a stand against them. It's to be the only one left, be the only one strong, the only one loyal.
-FadeEcho
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FadeBuddyFizz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Kind Of Story Do You Like?   Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:32 am

^ lawl they were never to be with each other

<3Who needs swag when you have class<3
~Hit me with a PM for any queries~

" />
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Kind Of Story Do You Like?   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1